Hospital Cash Insurance will not be liable to make any payment under this policy for hospitalization caused by or arising due to the following:
- Pre-existing Diseases & conditions - Any condition, ailment or injury or related condition(s) for which you had signs or symptoms and/or were diagnosed and/or received medical advice/ treatment, within 48 months prior to policy inception
- Any disease contracted during the first 30 days of the commencement of the policy
- During the first year of the operation of the policy, the expenses on treatment of Congenital Internal Anomaly, any type of Migraine/ Vascular head ache, Stones in the Urinary and Biliary systems, Surgery on Tonsils/Adenoids, Gastric and Duodenal Ulcer, any type of Cyst/Nodules/ Polyps, any type of Breast Lumps, Spondylosis/ Spondilitis any type, Inter vertebral Disc Prolapse and such other Degenerative Disorders, Cataract, Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy, Hysterectomy, Fistula, Fissure in Anus, Piles, Hernia, Hydrocele, Sinusitis, Knee/Hip Joint replacement, Chronic Renal Failure or end stage Renal Failure, Heart diseases, any type of Carcinoma/Sarcoma/Blood Cancer, Osteoarthritis of any joint are not payable Treatment arising from or traceable to pregnancy/ childbirth , and any fertility, sub-fertility or assisted conception operation
- Circumcision unless necessary for treatment of a disease; not excluded hereunder or necessitated due to an accident
- Outpatient treatment, general debility, `run-down' condition or rest cure, congenital external disease or defects or anomalies, , venereal disease, intentional self-injury
- Sex change or treatment which results from, or are in any way related to, sex change, hormone replacement therapy
- All hospitalization arising out of any condition directly or indirectly caused to or associated with Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type III (HTLB-III) or Lymphadenopathy Associated Virus (LAV) or the Mutants Derivative or Variations Deficiency Syndrome or any syndrome or condition of a similar kind commonly referred to as AIDS
- Admission at hospital or nursing home primarily for diagnostic, X-ray or laboratory examinations or other diagnostic studies not consistent with or incidental to the diagnosis and treatment of the positive existence or presence of any ailment, sickness or injury, for which confinement is required at a hospital or a nursing home
- Injury or disease directly or indirectly caused by or arising from or attributable to war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, war-like operations, whether war be declared or not
- Injury or disease directly or indirectly caused by or contributed to by nuclear weapons or materials, radioactive contamination. Any claim arising directly or indirectly by: - Ionising radiation or contamination by any nuclear fuel or from any nuclear waste from burning nuclear fuel or - Radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous properties of any explosive nuclear machinery or part of it
- Hospitalisation for routine or preventative examinations, vaccinations, inoculation or screening
- The treatment of psychiatric, mental or nervous conditions, insanity, any cosmetic, plastic surgery, aesthetic or related treatment of any description, whether or not for psychological reasons, unless medically necessary as a result of an accident
- Use of intoxicating drugs or alcohol and the treatment of alcoholism, solvent abuse, drug abuse or any addiction and medical conditions resulting from, or related to, such abuse or addiction
- Any other Alternative Treatments except Allopathy (Modern Medicine), any treatment received in convalescent homes or hospitals, health hydros, nature cure clinics or a place where there is no active regular treatment
- Person whilst engaging in speed contest or racing of any kind (other than on foot), bungee jumping, parasailing, ballooning, parachuting, skydiving, paragliding, hang gliding, mountain or rock climbing necessitating the use of guides or ropes, pot holing, abseiling, deep sea diving using hard helmet and breathing apparatus, polo, snow and ice sports and activities of similar hazard
- Complication of any surgery, therapy or treatment administered on the insured person, which is not prescribed or required by a Registered Medical Practitioner/Registered Medical Institution in their professional capacity
Please refer to your policy documents for detailed list of exclusion.
For more details on risk factors, terms and conditions, please read the sales brochure carefully before concluding a sale.
Insurance is a subject matter of solicitation.
SBI Card is the Corporate Agent of Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited vide IRDAI Registration code CA0075
Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited IRDAI Registration No.102
UIN NO: IRDA/NL-HLT/RSAI/P-H/V.I/182/13-14